Wednesday 19 June 2013

Be-hoot-i-ful!


This colourful little chappie has had quite an adventure in his first few days!


The pattern came from Liz's fabulous colourful blog Amigurumi Barmy.
 A parliament of her wise woolly owls are the cover stars of the current edition of Craftseller magazine. She also designs for Inside Crochet..
(as do the talented Tracey, Lynne and Emma amongst others!)


 Its been a while since I amigurumied but Liz's pattern was great to follow and was hooked during a Star Wars film!

His eyes are needlefelted and his beak stitches of bright yellow yarn 
(from a longer length of TUSAL!) 
He busted 8g of stash!


He was given as a 6th birthday present and taken to school the next day..how exciting!
I'm sure there'll be some more mini hooters flying off the hook soon!

Last week was International Knit in Public week - whilst racing out of the door to collect RW Junior and his friend from the cinema I grabbed a small ball of wool, a 4mm hook and a pair of scissors.
I stood outside the pictures, at the top of the shopping centre, amongst the Friday evening diners and filmgoers, and crocheted 2 halves of a granny pocket heart!
At one point the ball of wool leapt out of my pocket and ran across the shiny floor - I have the ideal solution for that in bag form..as I am intending to repeat the whole crochet while you wait experience!

10 comments:

Mistea said...

Love your bright owl. Glad the little person enjoyed their new friend.

linda said...

I love him Ali, he's so cute:)

Hilde said...

He is super cute :) Great stash bust!

lizwardcrochet said...

Glad you like the pattern. Your owl looks fab. Love the eyes :)

Ana BC said...

very cute!

Hindustanka said...

Eh/she is cute! love the colors :)

crazydazy said...

Love the multi-coloured little fellow - glad he went to a good home, alison

Melody said...

What a colorful little hooter! I love the idea of keeping your fingers busy while you wait in line...

Willow said...

Well that is a great idea I think I would get a lot more crocheting done if I ... chrocheted while I waited at places ... like Drs offices ...plus it takes your mind off of why you are there!

Katie said...

He's so cute!