Saturday 22 June 2013

Colourful Coasters!

These colourful coasters were a sunny birthday project hooked outside in the bright sunshine!



The pattern for the first three rounds was taken from Tracey's crochet motif  to which I added a border of scallops.



48g of cotton stash was busted.


One of the great things about using stashed yarn is the colours are often chosen for you!



The background fabric is my new apron..which I am reluctant to get dirty as I love its vibrant stripeyness!


Perhaps this post should have come with a warning to wear sunglasses?!

12 comments:

Hilde said...

Your coasters are absolutely gorgeous, Ali, so colourful and pretty :) I love those cheerful colours!!

Una said...

I love these. I much prefer round shapes to the usual granny squares. I might attempt these one day!

linda said...

They are beautiful Ali, so bright and cheerful :)

Hindustanka said...

I needed some colors this morning! Now I feel much less sleepy..
Beautiful coasters!

Zed said...

They're Gorgeous! I'm not sure I believe you about the bright sunshine though, I had the lights on from 11am yesterday and had the heating on this morning :)

Elisabeth said...

Oh I love those colours! So bright and perfect for summer! What yarn did you use?

crazydazy said...

Love the colour combination, very nice indeed. Youre lucky having some sunshine, very grey here, Ali

Astri said...

These are the bright happy colors I love! I think I have the dish towel in that same fabric as your apron. :-)

Linnhe Mara said...

Wow! You certainly know how to brighten up a day. I love the colour combinations. I'm only now beginning to discover you can be far more adventurous with colour in crochet than almost anything else.

September Violets said...

Such fun, colourful coasters Ali! Great for a summertime table outdoors. I knit up coasters every so often and I always go for the bright colours in summer too. Have a great week! Wendy x

Willow said...

I love the colors that got chosen for you. Lol Very lovely coasters!

Lisa said...

Wow, wonderful colors. I love them.

Lisa